Glennon and Abby welcome their dear friend Cameron Esposito to discuss:
1. Cameron?s brutiful relationship with her body?and how it feels playing a sexy TV role.
2. The way Cameron grew up using humor as self-defense and to become socially ?valuable??and the moment she wondered if comedy was no longer working for her.
3. Why Cameron says she?s able to cry for the first time in 35 years.
4. How as a gender-nonconforming queer kid, Cameron felt ?overnoticed??and how being a comedian allows her to ?hide in plain sight."
5. The rule Cameron and Glennon made to help them become better at friendship.
CW: eating disorders
Cameron Esposito is a queer, gender non-conforming standup comic, actor, writer and host.
As a standup, Cameron has headlined tours and festivals nationwide and internationally. As an actor and host, Cameron has been seen across television and film, appearing in big budget films and beloved Sundance indies, and on Netflix, HBO, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, Starz, Comedy Central, Logo, TBS, IFC, E! and Cartoon Network. Cameron's podcast, Queery, features hour long conversations with some of the brightest luminaries in the LGBTQ+ community, including Emmy and Grammy winning performers, Olympians, politicians, even an astronaut. Cameron's writing has been published by The New York Times, Vulture/New York Magazine, Vanity Fair, Bon Appetit, Refinery29 and more. Cameron's first book, Save Yourself, was an instant bestseller and is available in paperback March of 2022. Next up, Cameron is set to recur on the ABC series A Million Little Things and appear in HBOMax's Moonshot. Cameron lives in Los Angeles and likes to swim.
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices
Link to episode