HOW TO SAY NO with Simone Biles and Laurie Hernandez
In this very special conversation, three GOATs and Glennon discuss:
1. What we can learn from Simone?s revolutionary decision at the Tokyo Olympics to choose her physical and mental health over the world?s expectations of her.
2. The tiny decisions that helped Laurie practice trusting herself again after surviving a toxic coach.
3. Why Simone, Laurie, and Abby believe their talent is both a blessing and a curse.
4. The places and times Simone and Laurie create where they have nothing to prove?to remind themselves they are human beings, not performance machines.
5. How Simone and Laurie are a big part of one of Abby and Glennon?s favorite family stories.
Simone Biles, one of the greatest gymnasts of all-time, is the first woman to capture five All-Around World Championship titles. She is the most decorated gymnast in World Championships history?male or female?with 25 medals overall (19 gold), and is a seven-time Olympic medalist (4 gold). A three-time Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year, she earned the rare distinction of having four skills named in her honor?called The Biles.
Simone?s autobiography Courage to Soar is a New York Times bestseller.
Simone advocates for change and supports initiatives that provide education and assistance for children and young adults associated with adoption and childcare.
Laurie Hernandez is a second generation American, as her grandparents are from Puerto Rico, making her the first U.S. born Latina to make the U.S. team since 1984. Laurie is an Olympic medalist, winning both Gold and Silver medals at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. Her book I Got This: To Gold and Beyond and her children?s book She?s Got This are both New York Times bestsellers. Laurie is a fierce advocate for the importance of mental health, and travels the country speaking to the next generation about following their dreams.
About The GOLD OVER AMERICA TOUR (GOAT):
Simone and Laurie?and an all-star team of gymnasts?are on the road this Fall for the 35-city Gold Over America Tour, showcasing their fierce talent and athletic brilliance in ways we?ve never seen before? their way! The show emerges from their personal values of empowerment, friendship, positive body image, mental health awareness, and self-confidence. Together, they are a united force proudly representing the sport of women?s gymnastics and inspiring audiences across the nation.
More information: https://www.goldoveramericatour.com/goat
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices
Link to episode